Year of publication
- 2010 (3) (remove)
- English (3) (remove)
- A demonstrator for the Micro-Vertex-Detector of the CBM experiment (2010)
- CMOS sensors are the most promising candidates for the Micro-Vertex-Detector (MVD) of the CBM experiment at GSI, as they provide an unprecedented compromise between spatial resolution, low material budget, adequate radiation tolerance and readout speed. To study the integration of these sensors into a detector module, a so-called MVD-demonstrator has been developed. The demonstrator and its in-beam performance will be presented and discussed in this work.
- A versatile method for simulating pp -> ppe+e- and dp -> pne+e-p_spec reactions (2010)
- We have developed a versatile software package for the simulation of di-electron production in pp and dp collisions at moderate beam kinetic energies (1-2GeV). Particular attention has been paid to incorporate different descriptions of the Dalitz decay Δ rightarrow Ne + e - via a common interface. In addition, suitable parameterizations for the virtual bremsstrahlung process NN rightarrow NNe + e - based on one-boson exchange models have been implemented. Such simulation tools with high flexibility of the framework are important for the interpretation of the di-electron data taken with the HADES spectrometer and demonstrates the wide applicability within the field of nuclear and hadronic physics.
- Status of the Micro Vertex Detector of the Compressed Baryonic Matter Experiment (2010)
- The CBM experiment will investigate heavy-ion collisions at beam energies from 8 to 45 AGeV at the future accelerator facility FAIR. The goal of the experiment is to study the QCD phase diagram in the vincinity of the QCD critical point. To do so, CBM aims at measuring rare probes among them open charm. In order to identify those rare and short lived particles despite the rich combinatorial background generated in heavy ion collisions, a micro vertex detector (MVD) providing an unprecedented combination of high rate capability and radiation hardness, very light material budget and excellent granularity is required. In this work, we will discuss the concept of this detector and summarize the status of the R&D.