Year of publication
- 1998 (2) (remove)
- Kollisionen schwerer Ionen (2) (remove)
- Intermediate mass dileptons from secondary Drell-Yan processes (1998)
- Recent reports on enhancements of intermediate and hight mass muon pairs producedin heavy ion collisions have attracted much attention.
- Dissociation rates of J / psi's with comoving mesons : thermal versus nonequilibrium scenario. (1998)
- We study J/psi dissociation processes in hadronic environments. The validity of a thermal meson gas ansatz is tested by confronting it with an alternative, nonequilibrium scenario. Heavy ion collisions are simulated in the frame- work of the microscopic transport model UrQMD, taking into account the production of charmonium states through hard parton-parton interactions and subsequent rescattering with hadrons. The thermal gas and microscopic transport scenarios are shown to be very dissimilar. Estimates of J/psi survival probabilities based on thermal models of comover interactions in heavy ion collisions are therefore not reliable.