- Article (3) (remove)
- Intermediate mass dileptons from secondary Drell-Yan processes (1998)
- Recent reports on enhancements of intermediate and hight mass muon pairs producedin heavy ion collisions have attracted much attention.
- Gluon versus sea quark shadowing (1999)
- We calculate the shadowing of sea quarks and gluons and show that the shadowing of gluons is not simply given by the sea quark shadowing, especially at small x. The calculations are done in the lab frame approach by using the generalized vector meson dominance model. Here the virtual photon turns into a hadronic fluctuation long before the nucleus. The subsequent coherent interaction with more than one nucleon in the nucleus leads to the depletion sigma(gamma*A )< A*sigma(gamma * N) known as shadowing. A comparison of the shadowing of quarks to E665 data for 40Ca and 207Pb shows good agreement.
- Hadron yields from thermalized minijets at RHIC and LHC (1999)
- We calculate the yields of pions, kaons, and Æ-mesons for RHIC and LHC energies assuming thermodynamical equilibration of the produced minijets, and using as input results from pQCD for the energy densities at midrapidity. In the calculation of the production of partons and of transverse energy one has to account for nuclear shadowing. By using two parametrizations for the gluon shadowing one derives energy densities differing strongly in magnitude. In this publication we link those perturbatively calculated energy densities of partons via entropy conservation in an ideal fluid to the hadron multiplicities at chemical freeze-out.