- Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies (2) (remove)
- Signatures of a minimal length scale in high precision experiments (2004)
- We discuss modifications of the gyromagnetic moment of electrons and muons due to a minimal length scale combined with a modified fundamental scaleMf . First-order deviations from the theoretical standard model value for g-2 due to these String Theory-motivated e ects are derived. Constraints for the new fundamental scale Mf are given.
- Signatures of large extra dimensions (2004)
- String theory suggests modifications of our spacetime such as extra dimensions and the existence of a mininal length scale. In models with addidional dimensions, the Planck scale can be lowered to values accessible by future colliders. Effective theories which extend beyond the standart-model by including extra dimensions and a minimal length allow computation of observables and can be used to make testable predictions. Expected effects that arise within these models are the production of gravitons and black holes. Furthermore, the Planck-length is a lower bound to the possible resolution of spacetime which might be reached soon.