- große Extradimensionen (2) (remove)
- Black hole production in large extra dimensions at the Tevatron : possibility for a first glimpse on TeV scale gravity (2002)
- The production of black holes in large extra dimensions is studied for Tevatron energies. We find that black holes may have already been created in small abundance in pp collisions at ps = 1.8 TeV. For the next Tevatron run (ps = 2.0 TeV) large production rates for black holes are predicted.
- Suppression of high-P T jets as a signal for large extra dimensions and new estimates of lifetimes for meta stable micro black holes : from the early universe to future colliders (2002)
- We address the production of black holes at LHC in space times with compactified space-like large extra dimensions (LXD). Final state black hole production leads to suppression of high-PT jets, i.e. a sharp cut-o in (pp!jet+X). This signal is compared to the jet plus missing energy signature due to graviton production in the final state as proposed by the ATLAS collaboration. Time evolution and lifetimes of the newly created black holes are calculated based on the micro- canonical formalism. It is demonstrated that previous lifetime estimates of micro black holes have been dramatically underestimated. The creation of a large number of quasi-stable black holes is predicted with life times of hundred fm/c at LHC. Medium modifications of the black holes evaporation rate due to the quark gluon plasma in relativistic heavy ion collisions as well as provided by the cosmic fluid in the early universe are studied