- English (4) (remove)
- Probing the minimal length scale by precision tests of the muon g-2 (2003)
- Modifications of the gyromagnetic moment of electrons and muons due to a minimal length scale combined with a modified fundamental scale M_f are explored. Deviations from the theoretical Standard Model value for g-2 are derived. Constraints for the fundamental scale M_f are given.
- Signatures of a minimal length scale in high precision experiments (2004)
- We discuss modifications of the gyromagnetic moment of electrons and muons due to a minimal length scale combined with a modified fundamental scaleMf . First-order deviations from the theoretical standard model value for g-2 due to these String Theory-motivated e ects are derived. Constraints for the new fundamental scale Mf are given.
- No black holes at IceCube (2006)
- We discuss modifications of the neutrino-nucleon cross section due to a minimal length scale. It is shown that the enhancement of the nu-N cross section due to new physics is suppressed. Especially the potential observation rate of micro black holes at neutrino telescopes is strongly reduced.
- Mini black holes at the LHC : discovery through di-jet suppression, mono-jet emission and a supersonic boom in the quark-gluon plasma in ALICE, ATLAS and CMS (2006)
- We examine experimental signatures of TeV-mass black hole formation in heavy ion collisions at the LHC. We find that the black hole production results in a complete disappearance of all very high p_T (> 500 GeV) back-to-back correlated di-jets of total mass M > M_f ~ 1 TeV. We show that the subsequent Hawking-decay produces multiple hard mono-jets and discuss their detection. We study the possibility of cold black hole remnant (BHR) formation of mass ~ M_f and the experimental distinguishability of scenarios with BHRs and those with complete black hole decay. Finally we point out that a Heckler-Kapusta-Hawking plasma may form from the emitted mono-jets. In this context we present new simulation data of Mach shocks and of the evolution of initial conditions until the freeze-out.