Year of publication
- 1995 (3) (remove)
- Thermal photons as a measure for the rapidity dependence of the temperature (1995)
- The rapidity distribution of thermal photons produced in Pb+Pb collisions at CERN-SPS energies is calculated within scaling and three- fluid hydrodynamics. It is shown that these scenarios lead to very different rapidity spectra. A measurement of the rapidity dependence of photon radiation can give cleaner insight into the reaction dynamics than pion spectra, especially into the rapidity dependence of the temperature.
- Bose stimulated pion production in relativistic nuclear collisions (1995)
- We demonstrate the importance of the Bose-statistical effects for pion production in relativistic heavy-ion collisions. The evolution of the pion phase-space density in central collisions of ultrarelativistic nuclei is studied in a simple kinetic model taking into account the effect of Bose-simulated pion production by the NN collisions in a dense cloud of mesons.
- The Phase Transition to the Quark-Gluon Plasma and Its Effect on Hydrodynamic Flow (1995)
- It is shown that in ideal relativistic hydrodynamics a phase transition from hadron to quark and gluon degrees of freedom in the nuclear matter equation of state leads to a minimum in the excitation function of the transverse collective flow.