Year of publication
- 1995 (7) (remove)
- heavy ion collisions (7) (remove)
- Azimuthal correlations of pions in relativistic heavy ion collisions at 1 GeV/nucl. (1995)
- Triple differential cross sections of pions in heavy ion collisions at 1 GeV/nucl. are studied with the IQMD model. After discussing general properties of resonance and pion production we focus on azimuthal correlations: At projectile- and target-rapidities we observe an anticorrelation in the in-plane transverse momentum between pions and protons. At c.m.-rapidity, however, we find that high pt pions are being preferentially emitted perpendicular to the event-plane. We investigate the causes of those correlations and their sensitivity on the density and momentum dependence of the real and imaginary part of the nucleon and pion optical potential.
- Bose stimulated pion production in relativistic nuclear collisions (1995)
- We demonstrate the importance of the Bose-statistical effects for pion production in relativistic heavy-ion collisions. The evolution of the pion phase-space density in central collisions of ultrarelativistic nuclei is studied in a simple kinetic model taking into account the effect of Bose-simulated pion production by the NN collisions in a dense cloud of mesons.
- pi-N correlations probe the nuclear equation of state in relativistic heavy ion-collisions (1995)
- We investigate the sensivity of pionic bounce-off and squeeze-out on the density and momentum dependence of the real part of the nucleon optical potential. For the in-plane pion bounce-off we find a strong sensivity on both the density and momentum dependence whereas the out-of-plane pion squeeze-out shows a strong sensivity only towards the momentum dependence but little sensivity towards the density dependence.
- Baryon-antibaryon pair production in time-dependent meson fields (1995)
- Strong mean meson fields, which are known to exist in normal nuclei, experience a violent deformation in the course of a heavy-ion collision at relativistic energies. This may give rise to a new collective mechanism of the particle production, not reducible to the superposition of elementary nucleon-nucleon collisions.
- On the impossibility of temperature extraction from heavy ion induced particle spectra (1995)
- Spectra of various particle species have been calculated with the Quantum Molecular Dynamics (QMD) model for very central collisions of Au+Au. They are compatible with the idea of a fully stopped thermal source which exhibits a transversal expansion besides the thermal distribution of an ideal gas. How- ever, the microscopic analyses of the local flow velocities and temperatures indicate much lower temperatures at densities associated with the freeze-out. The results express the overall impossibility of a model-independent determi- nation of nuclear temperatures from heavy ion spectral data, also at other energies (e.g. CERN) or for other species (i.e. pions, kaons, hyperons)
- Phasespace Correlations of Antideuterons in Heavy Ion Collisions (1995)
- In the framework of the relativistic quantum molecular dynamics approach (RQMD) we investigate antideuteron (d) observables in Au+Au collisions at 10.7 AGeV. The impact parameter dependence of the formation ratios d/p2 and d/p2 is calculated. In central collisions, the antideuteron formation ratio is predicted to be two orders of magnitude lower than the deuteron formation ratio. The d yield in central Au+Au collisions is one order of magnitude lower than in Si+Al collisions. In semicentral collisions di erent configuration space distributions of p s and d s lead to a large squeeze out e ect for antideuterons, which is not predicted for the p s.
- Antibaryons in massive heavy ion reactions : importance of potentials (1995)
- In the framework of RQMD we investigate antiproton observables in massive heavy ion collisions at AGS energies and compare to preliminary results of the E878 collaboration. We focus here on the considerable influence of the real part of an antinucleon nucleus optical potential on the ¯p momentum spectra. Pacs-numbers: 14.20 Dh, 25.70.-z