Year of publication
- 2,2´-Dimethyl-2,2´-(m-phenylenedimethylene)propanedinitrile (2009)
- The title compound, C16H14N4, features an aromatic ring with two 2,2´-dicyanopropyl residues in positions 1 and 3, which are located above and below the ring plane. The two residues differ in their conformation with respect to the aromatic ring: whereas one of the Cmethyl-C-Cmethylene-Caromatic torsion angles is gauche [68.93 (12)°], the other one is fully staggered [177.63 (9)°]. The crystal structure is stabilized by C-H...N hydrogen-bonding interactions. Key indicators: single-crystal X-ray study; T = 173 K; mean σ(C–C) = 0.002 Å; R factor = 0.037; wR factor = 0.101; data-to-parameter ratio = 15.0.
- Adamantane-1-thioamide (2009)
- The title compound, C11H17NS, is an important intermediate for the synthesis of biologically active adamantlythiazolo-oxadiazoles. The adamantyl residue is disordered about a twofold rotation axis over two sites with site-occupation factors of 0.817 (3) and 0.183 (3). The crystal structure is stabilized by intermolecular N-H...S hydrogen-bonding interactions. Key indicators: single-crystal X-ray study; T = 173 K; mean &963;(C–C) = 0.002 Å; disorder in main residue; R factor = 0.038; wR factor = 0.103; data-to-parameter ratio = 12.3.
- N-(3-Nitrobenzylidene)aniline (2008)
- In the title compound, C13H10N2O2, a Schiff base derivative, the dihedral angle between the two aromatic rings is 31.58 (3)°. The C=N double bond is essentially coplanar with the nitrophenyl ring. The torsion angle of the imine double bond is 175.97 (13)°, indicating that the C=N double bond is in a trans configuration. The crystal structure is stabilized by C-H...O contacts and [pi]-[pi] interactions (centroid-centroid distances of 3.807 and 3.808 Å). Key indicators: single-crystal X-ray study; T = 173 K; mean σ(C–C) = 0.002 Å; R factor = 0.034; wR factor = 0.093; data-to-parameter ratio = 10.3.
- Phthalazin-1(2H)-one–picric acid (1/1) (2007)
- The geometric parameters of the title compound, C8H6N2O·C6H3N3O7, are in the usual ranges. The three nitro groups are almost coplanar with the aromatic picrate ring [dihedral angles 10.2 (2)°, 7.62 (16) and 8.08 (17)°]. The molecular conformation of the picric acid is stabilized by an intramolecular O-H...O hydrogen bond. The phthalazin-1(2H)-one molecules are connected via N-H...O hydrogen bonds, forming centrosymmetric dimers. Key indicators: single-crystal X-ray study; T = 173 K; mean σ(C–C) = 0.002 Å; R factor = 0.034; wR factor = 0.091; data-to-parameter ratio = 11.1.
- The low-temperature structure of diethyl ether magnesium oxybromide (2011)
- The crystal structure of the title compound, hexa-μ2-bromido-μ4-oxido-tetrakis[(diethyl ether)magnesium], [Mg4Br6O(C4H10O)4], determined from data measured at 173 K, differs from the previously known structure of diethyl ether magnesium oxybromide, which was determined from room-temperature data [Stucky & Rundle (1964 [triangle]). J. Am. Chem. Soc. 86, 4821–4825]. The title compound crystallizes in the tetragonal space group I An external file that holds a picture, illustration, etc. Object name is e-67-m1614-efi7.jpg, whereas the previously known structure crystallizes in a different tetragonal space group, namely P An external file that holds a picture, illustration, etc. Object name is e-67-m1614-efi7.jpg21 c. Both molecules have crystallographic An external file that holds a picture, illustration, etc. Object name is e-67-m1614-efi7.jpg symmetry and show almost identical geometric parameters for the Mg, Br and O atoms. The crystal of the title compound turned out to be a merohedral twin emulating a structure with apparent Laue symmetry 4/mmm, whereas the correct Laue group is just 4/m. The fractional contribution of the minor twin component converged to 0.462 (1).
- Sodium pentafluorophenylborate (2012)
- The crystal structure of the title compound, Na[(C6F5)BH3], is composed of discrete anions and cations. The sodium cations are surrounded by four anions with three short Na...B [2.848 (8), 2.842 (7) and 2.868 (8) Å] and two short Na...F contacts [2.348 (5) and 2.392 (5) Å], forming a three-dimensional network. The anion is the first structural example of a pentafluorophenyl ring carrying a BH3 group.
- My2-Acetone-diacetone[my3-tris(trifluoromethyl)methanolato]bis[my2-tris(trifluoromethyl)methanolato]trilithium (2010)
- The title compound, [Li3(C4F9O)3(C3H6O)3], features an open Li/O cube with an Li ion missing at one corner. Three of the four bridging O atoms of the cube carry a fluorinated tert-butyl residue, whereas the fourth is part of an acetone molecule. Two of the Li atoms are further bonded to a non-bridging acetone molecule. Two of the lithium ion coordination geometries are very distorted LiO4 tetrahedra; the third could be described as a very distorted LiO3 T-shape with two distant F-atom neighbours. The Li[cdots, three dots, centered]Li contact distances for the three-coordinate Li+ ion [2.608 (14) and 2.631 (12) Å] are much shorter that the contact distance [2.940 (13) Å] between the tetrahedrally coordinated species.
- Dibromidotris(dimethylamine)-magnesium(II) (2009)
- The Mg centre in the title compound, [MgBr2(C2H7N)3], is pentacoordinated in a trigonal-bipyramidal mode with the two Br atoms in axial positions and the N atoms of the dimethylamine ligands in equatorial positions. The MgII centre is located on a crystallographic twofold rotation axis. The crystal structure is stabilized by N-H...Br hydrogen bonds. The N atom and H atoms of one dimethylamine ligand are disordered over two equally occupied positions. Key indicators: single-crystal X-ray study; T = 173 K; mean σ(N–C) = 0.005 A° ; disorder in main residue; R factor = 0.022; wR factor = 0.049; data-to-parameter ratio = 21.1.
- 4-[3-(Isonicotino-yloxy)propoxycarbon-yl]pyridinium diiodidoargentate(I) (2011)
- The structure of the title compound, (C15H15N2O4)[AgI2], consists of an organic 4-[3-(isonicotinoyloxy)propoxycarbonyl]pyridinium cation which has a gauche–gauche (O/C/C/C—O/C/C/C or GG’) conformation and lies on a twofold rotation axis, which passes through the central C atom of the aliphatic chain, and an inorganic [AgI2]− anion. In the complex anion, the Ag+ cation is bound to two I− anions in a linear geometry. The anion was modelled assuming disorder around a crystallographic inversion centre near the location of the Ag+ cation. The crystal packing is stabilized by a strong intermolecular N—H[cdots, three dots, centered]N hydrogen bond, which links the cations into zigzag chains with graph-set notation C(16) running along the face diagonal of the ac plane. The N-bound H atom is disordered over two equally occupied symmetry-equivalent sites, so that the molecule has a pyridinium ring at one end and a pyridine ring at the other.
- Poly[[μ-ethane-1,2-diyl bis-(pyridine-3-carboxyl-ate)](μ-tetra-fluorido-borato)silver(I)] (2012)
- In the title compound, [Ag(BF4)(C14H12N2O4)]n, the coordination of the Ag+ ion is trigonal–bipyramidal with the N atoms of two ethane-1,2-diyl bis(pyridine-3-carboxylate) ligands in the apical positions and three F atoms belonging to different tetrafluoridoborate anions in the equatorial plane. The material consists of infinite chains of [Ag(C14H12N2O4)] units running along , held together by BF4 − bridging anions.