Year of publication
- A new semantics for number (2003)
- "A team", definitely (2004)
- Beyond unpluggability (2007)
- Compositionality (2007)
- Decomposing questions acts (2006)
- Don't interpret focus : why a presuppositional account of focus fails, and how a presuppositional account of givenness works (2005)
- This paper advances a purely presuppositional analysis of intonation. I first show that a inspiring recent article by Geurts and van der Sandt (Theoretical Linguistics, 2004) that pursues the same goal cannot account for multiple foci. Then, I show that if it is assumed that destressed rather than focussed material is semantically marked, multiple foci are accounted for correctly.