Allgemeine und Vergleichende Literaturwissenschaft
- English (4) (remove)
- Literaturwissenschaft (4) (remove)
- Inta Ezergailis : 9/11/1932 - 1/1/2005 (2005)
- Words spoken at the Memorial Service on March 13, 2005, Sage Chapel, Cornell University
- Digital document and interpretation : re-thinking "text" and scholarship in electronic settings (2008)
- The contribution starts from outlining the evolution of the scholarly production flow from the print based paradigm to the digital age and in this context it explores the opposition of digital versus analog representation modes. It then develops on the triple paradigm shift caused by genuine digital publishing and its specific consequences for the social sciences and humanities (SSH) which in turn results in re-constituting basic scholarly notions such as 'text' and 'document'. The paper concludes with discussing the specific value that could be added in systematically using digital text resources as a basis for scholarly work and also states some of the necessary conditions for such a 'digital turn' to be successful in the SSH.