Linguistik-Klassifikation: Übersetzungswissenschaft / Translation science
- Polnisch (4) (remove)
- Institut für Deutsche Sprache (IDS) Mannheim (4) (remove)
- How to spice up a breakfast cereal or the translation of culturally bound referential items in “The bluest eye” by Toni Morrison and “Vineland” by Thomas Pynchon (2011)
- This article will attempt to suggest translation procedures necessary to translate culturally bound items in the referential level of a literary work illustrated with examples from two novels: “The Bluest Eye” by Toni Morrison and “Vineland” by Thomas Pynchon. First, the article will include a general description of the referential level in literary works offering possible avenues of 285 its rendition, then and finally suggest a translation methodology and techniques together with practical examples of the theory at work.
- G.A. Kleparski, R. Kieltyka (eds): Podkarpackie forum filologiczne seria: Językoznawstwo, Jaroslaw, Wydawnictwo Panstwowej Wyzszej Szkoly Zawodowej, 2010. (2011)
- Metaphorization and selected translation techniques : the case study of "National Geographic" (2008)